Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Boat is Sinking, My Boat is Sinking

Well, I just got my monthly bill for my trailer "home" near Lewiston Lake. There was a nice note that I need to contact them because my boat is sinking--Sinking I say.

Rain water flows through the storage hatches and collects under the floor. In the past, Craig, the marina jack of all trades, would pump water out for me. This year I set up a sump pump, running off of a 12 volt battery, that is connected to a trickle charger that is plugged into an outdoor electrical outlet.

Evidently, the sump pump isn't working and Craig hasn't been able to help me out by pumping out water. There is nothing I can do until Sunday when I can get over there (something about work, tennis matches through Saturday, and bad weather so I can't get over the mountain. Oh well, I may find my boat sitting on the bottom of the lake when I get there. Bummer. I knew I should store it out of the water but I hoped to head over a couple of weekends this winter and get right out on the water. Perhaps I'm now under water.

Oh well...nothing I can do about it now.
AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment