Friday, April 3, 2009

An Introduction

My name is Shane Feusier. I am a high school teacher, a single dad to two kids in college, and am an avid fisherman who seldom fishes. I fell into a beautiful trailer / addition / deck in the Pine Cove Trailer Park right on Lewiston Lake, California. It is a 2-1/2 hour drive from my home in Eureka.

In the 90's, Lewiston Lake was a flyfisher's paradise: tons of fish being planted; many planters overwintering, and Callibaetis hatches that were huge and you could set you watch by them. Alas, I never fished Lewiston then, and a huge water runoff (98?) wiped out most of the hatch. I heard it was coming back but then another huge water runoff hit in 2006, knocking down their recovery.

My goal is to provide information about this fishery and to generate a renewed interest in the lake, in the hopes of increasing the planting of more fish (I've spent hours trying to find online how many fish were planted in the lake in 2008 -- any help in finding this information will be helpful).

I'm heading out this weekend to try midges in the lake and possibly doing some fishing in the recently opened fly fishing only section of the Trinity River.

Tight lines all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment