Monday, April 20, 2009

A Sleepy Weekend

Alas, a wasted weekend and nothing caught but zzzzz's. I fished Lewiston Lake above Pine Cove Marina on Friday night, from 7 to 8. There was a small hatch of Callibaetis but no action from the fish. The Callibaetis were spread out about a meter apart all over the water. The visibility was about 5 to 8 feet, stopped by a micro algae green (I think). I had one take when stripping in, or perhaps hit some weeds.

I played my first tennis match for the Sun Oaks 3.0 B team (Redding). I only lasted 45 minutes on the court, followed by 2 hours of rehydration to drive home, followed by a headache and a 3 hour nap. I got all the water out of my boat on Sunday and went back to my place to get my rods. One episode of Buffy, followed by a 3 hour nap wiped out any chance for me to get on the water.

On Saturday there were 10 boats at 10-mile and 15 or more around pine cove. On Sunday, there was one -- so, I doubt the fishing was very good. Things should pick up in May when they start the flows again.

Now, on to work. I apologize for no pictures but a snapshot of me taking a nap would just put the reader into Therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment